Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ok...one Lance joke

"I've now achieved my life-long dream of winning as many Tours de France as Lance Armstrong." - An anonymous quote from a commenter on a recent article on Armstrong's doping admission.

NeeNer...NeeNer...NeeNer...Wooster High Graduate, Greg LeMond.  The only American winner of the Tour de France.

I don't know that I'd actually claim Armstrong didn't win since every noteworthy cyclist slotted in underneath him during his 7 tour wins has also been implicated in doping at some point in their careers. For that matter, I think each of the Lanterne Rouge riders (the last placed rider) from the recent tours have been implicated.  

Two-time "Lanterne Rouge" Jimmy Casper.  Suspended for doping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog! Good to see LeMond getting the respect he deserves!
(Btw, I believe he attended Wooster for most of his HS, but ultimately graduated from Washoe High School.)

Reno Rambler said...

Hmmm, that's interesting. I have a friend that went to school with him. One of these days I'll have to ask her about that.

Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

I checked an article and it stated LeMond graduated from Wooster in 1980 (finishing via correspondence). By that time he was already Junior World Champion, Olympic Team member (boycotted unfortunately), and ready to tear up Europe.
That, my friends, is one badass NEVADA cyclist!