Monday, December 17, 2012

How to Carry a Gun on a Bicycle

Packing Heat on a Bike...if you don't mind some serious groin chafing
I'm not diving into the gun control debate in the wake of the shooting in Connecticut.  All the posts on Facebook and news "analysis" in the media has been revolting to say the least.  The bottom line for me is that the knee jerk reactions are far too simplistic and the problems of our world leading too a massacre like this are too complex to address in a glib status update.

I did have this story land in my email recently for some reason and I was struck by this paragraph:
Bicycling is a terrific way to stay in shape. Staying in shape is a terrific way to stay alive, both in terms of staving-off obesity-related conditions and having the strength and endurance to survive a gunfight. Both on and off your bike.
Presenting the world as if it is potentially your personal "Gunfight at the OK Corral" is one of the problems with the world today.   The article "helpfully" categorizes and addresses the firearm needs of recreational, commuter, road racer, and mountain bikers.  I'd laugh at this if it wasn't so sad.

No comments: