Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bicycle Friendly Businesses


The new list of bicycle friendly businesses is out and includes some of the usual suspects (Facebook and Apple) and some others worth noting (Amway?).  If I ever decide to get out of the education profession (likely) this will be a good reference point to start with.  I've been incredibly lucky that in my years commuting I have never really had too much resistance to storing my bike inside, had access to a private place to clean up, and storage space for gear, whether it was grad school, museum curator, folklorist, library tech, or teacher.

One of the interesting things about the list is that they are largely private companies.  Is it just assumed that college campuses are going to be bicyclist receptive?

Here's the article with the full lists.

No comments: